Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

2011 Countdown to Christmas - Day 8

Hi everyone,

Today I am cheating by showing you a set of cards that my ladies made this year in one of my Christmas Stamp A Stacks. I know bad me - but I have completely run out of time to get anything new done for today's post. I promise I will have something new to share tomorrow.

I used the gorgeous set Snow Swirled. Although we live in "sunny" (well not so much at the moment) Australia, there is still something about snow flakes at Christmas time. For these cards I have used the emboss resist technique. To do this all you need to do is stamp your image in Versamark and then sprinkle either clear or white embossing powder over the image, remove the excess and then use your heat tool. Then use a sponge to sponge ink over and around the image. The embossed image will resist the ink and you just wipe it over with a tissue to remove the excess. I have used a favorite colour combination of mine which is Perfect Plum and Marina Mist.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Heard from the Heart, Curly Cute
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum DSP, Marina Mist DSP
Ink: Versamark, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist
Other: White EP, Heat Tool, 5/8" Organza Ribbon, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,

Juliette

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Cheating?! I don't think so! Great cards! Love the blue sponging behind the tree!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails