Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Delicate Doilies meets Stamping 411

Hi everyone,

I have just had a major panic and don't think I am going to get everything I want to get done in time for Christmas. I mean where has this year gone? I went to my local shopping centre yesterday with DD5 and as we walked in I said to her "in a week or so the Christmas Decorations will be up". Well DD5 turned to me and said "they are all ready up Mummy!!!". Now that is very scary.

World Teachers Day is celebrated in October. Now because it is generally at the beginning of October it falls during our school holidays, so the Department of Education decided that this Friday just gone we would celebrate it instead. DD7 has two teachers (they job share), so I needed to make two gifts. DD7 gave her Friday teacher her gift but in true Mummy style I hadn't finished the other one off. I am happy to say it is now finished and I will show you photo's of their gifts in the days to come. I realised that my card I made could be used for the Stamping 411 sketch this week.

Here is the sketch.
















Here is my take on it.

I have basically reversed it. Now I know it is very pink but apparently Mrs Watts likes pink so there you have it.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Curly Cute
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo
Other: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch,  1 3/4" Circle Punch, Doily Triple Layer Punch, 5/8" Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Magnetic Movers & Shapers Punch Windows, Dimensionals, Basic Jewels Rhinestone.

Tomorrow I am doing the Walk for A Cure to help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. My friends 4 y/o son was diagnosed at about 18 months with it. He will have it for life as there is no cure as yet. Read his story here, better yet sponsor either his Mum (Melanie) or myself. The more money raised, the better we have a chance to try and get a cure for this horrible disease.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,


Juliette

6 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Such a pretty card!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card! Love all of the lacy doilies and pink!!

Debbie Lamb said...

This is stunning Juliette! I didn't think I needed the Delicate Doilies set - you may have convinced me otherwise :)

Unknown said...

So pretty!! Love the colors too! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful doilies!!!! Love, love, love all that pink!!!

Selene Kempton said...

Totally gorgeous! I love pink snowflake cards! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails