Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sail Away

Hi everyone,

I didn't get very near the computer yesterday - not enough time unfortunately, so I didn't get around to posting a couple more cards made using some of the A La Carte stamps. This time I am showing you two cards made with the Sail Away stamp. As soon as I saw this stamp in the Summer Mini I had to buy it. Anything to do with Ships, Yachts etc always remind me of my Dad. He was introduced to the sea by his Uncle Bob who was the last of the Sailing Bargemen in England. My Dad's love the sea was reflected in his profession. He is a Naval Architect (or rather was as he is now well and truly retired). Anyway enough about that. Here are the cards.

This first card is very basic. I just stamped the image using Not Quite Navy onto Very Vanilla. Layered it onto a piece of Sahara Sand which was layered onto a piece of Blueberry Crisp DSP. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake. This card took all of about 10 minutes to cut and put together and is a good one to have in your stash for those hard to make male cards.

This second card is almost as easy. I stamped the image in Not Quite Navy again, then I added the 'Sun'. This was done by sponging Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight into the negative of a punched out 1 3/4" circle. I then stamped the image again onto a piece of scrap and cut out the Sails and then layered them over the original image. The sentiment is from A Sense of Time and I think works well with the yacht image. Other colours used are Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy and Marina Mist.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time,

Juliette

1 comment:

Amanda Higgins said...

I love them Juliette. I particularly love the technique of sponging through the negative. Very clever little trick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails