Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let the countdown begin!!!

Hi everyone,

Over the next 25 days I will be showing you ideas that I have had for Christmas cards and projects this year. Yes that means I need to post every day - so I really hope I can manage it.

My first project is my darling daughters advent calender. There is just something magical about them trying to find the right day and then enjoying the chocolate that is inside. I got this idea from Jo Dumbleton from the UK. What is even better is she had put the measurements for her little milk carton so the guess work is taken away. Please do check out her blog she has some lovely ideas and creations.

Yes I made 25 of these beauties. I don't own the milk carton die so following Jo's measurements was great. I made the bird houses using a variety of colours - Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Baja Breeze. I then stamped a flurry of snowflakes from Punch Pals in the corresponding coloured ink (why in Australia would I do that well it reminds me of my Christmas' I spent as a child in the UK). The birds are super easy with the XL two step Bird Punch - which I wasn't going to buy but have used it so much, and once again they have been punched in a variety of colours (Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Real Red).  A roof made out of the same colours and attached with a bit of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon finishes them off.

Here is a close up of one of the bird houses hanging the very expensive $5.00 tree!!!

The numbers were cut using the Big Shot and the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet.






Thanks for looking,

'Til next time



Juliette

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails