Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day Eighteen of my Countdown to Christmas

Hi everyone,

Well amongst all the cooking I am doing for my BIL's 50th Birthday, I have managed to squeeze out another card for you. Once again it is a card not using a Christmas set and for once not using traditional Christmas colours. I have to say I am getting a bit sick and tired of all the red and green - but when Christmas is over I know I will miss it.

This card is very similar to a card that I made at my very first workshop as a customer back in 1997. Instead of the row of trees we used the single tree that looks so much like a Christmas Tree and I think we used Old Olive to sponge in the oval. I cut the oval using my Nesties and then laid it onto the Whisper White. Then using a sponge I sponged Marina Mist onto the Whisper White. Leaving my mask in place I then inked up the tree stamp in Night of Navy and stamped it onto the card. Removing the mask I then stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy at the bottom. A very simple but elegant card I believe.

Materials Used: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Many Merry Messages
Paper: Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Other: Marina Mist 5/8" Satin Ribbon.

Thanks for looking.

'Til next time


Juliette

2 comments:

Jess S said...

I absolutely adore this card! I keep seeing beautiful projects using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, may have to add it to my wish list...

Anonymous said...

super belle carte, et ça change du rouge et du vert comme tu le dis, très beau
biz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails