Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finally Some Mojo Returning

Hi everyone,

To say I have been lacking inspiration is somewhat of a statement. I have classes all this month and still haven't designed everything yet. My craft room looks like a bomb has hit it and I am still in the process of moving old product out and putting new product in. The exciting bit is I have most of the new items I wanted to get from the cattie. They arrived over the last two days so I am now wanting to play with new goodies and that is good for the mojo.

The cards I want to show you today are for next Wednesday's technique class. We are doing the polished stone technique which is so simple but looks really effective. I am a little limited in the colours I can use as I don't own all of the re-inkers yet and most of the ones I own are for the colours that have retired.

Here we are using Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink. The tree from Thoughts & Prayers has been embossed with black Embossing Powder - no ribbon has been used as I haven't quite got the money to purchase all the ribbon I want.

This second card is using Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze. Once again a simple card but effective I think.

If you are interested in learning this technique or just want to come along for some fun my class is next Wednesday night (15th September)  at 7.30pm. Cost is $15.00 and you get to take home a technique sheet as well. Contact me via email or 0407 371 558 to book your spot.

'Til next time

Juliette

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Juliette, these are lovely. Polished stone is one of my favourite techniques. Should have used it as part of your SS gift! I love how you've punched the bird out of polished stone. Good luck with the physio, and glad your mojo has returned!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I love these cards and am looking forward to making them, I don't think they need ribbon! Sam xox

Debbie Lamb said...

These are gorgeous Juliette! Wish I could come to your class to learn how to do this. And, I don't believe for a moment that you lost your mojo. From what I've seen you've been making some lovely projects :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails