Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Christmas in July

Hi everyone,

I know two posts in two days - what is going on you ask?

I thought I would show you some of the cards that we are making at my Christmas in July SAS. The first set is from A Wish for Peace. It is a set I had to have but when it came to designing the cards I found it quite difficult. I didn't want everyone to have to make  the same card 5 times so I had to come up with a couple of different designs. If you are wondering if they look similar to some that Marelle Taylor  did last year they are. I have changed the colour as I seem to like blue for a non traditional Christmas and I think Night of Navy is perfect for this.

This is the first card


Now I know not everyone likes cutting out and believe me I would extremely happy if SU! could provide us with a punch for every single stamp but naturally that cannot happen. The Doves have been stamped three times onto Very Vanilla without reinking - hence the three different colours. You can't see it too well but I have added Dazzling Diamonds to the doves. Using Versamark I have rolled the Soft Holly wheel along the card edge, added a little Bravo Burgandy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and a sentiment from Occasional Greetings.

Here is the second card.

With this card I have inked up the Church and Tree stamp in Night of Navy (although in the Stamp a Stack we are using Brocade Blue), then stamped it off. I have then used a dauber and inked up the middle tree with Night of Navy again to make it darker before stamping it. Once again I have added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the tree to look like snow.

Here is the third card.

This time instead of cutting out the Dove I have used the Wide Oval Punch to punch it out. It just fits although you do tend to loose either a little beak or wing tip. The rest of the card is like the one above.

Anyway if you are interested in making these cards I am running another Christmas in July Stamp a Stack on Thursday 15th July from 7.30pm. You make 10 cards in total including envelopes for $25 (or $20 if you bring your own adhesive) Contact me to book your spot as space is limited to 8.

I will show you the other cards we are making later in the week.

'Til next time,

Juliette

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Great Christmas cards! I love your colour choice, I cant seem to make anythng but Christmas cards at the moment! No wonder I am way over it come December! lol!

Kerry Parkinson said...

All gorgeous cards Juliette. Love the colour combo; must try it out. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails