Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

It takes a while to get it right!!!

Hi everyone,

It has been a while - and this is why!!! Have you ever had an idea that you think would be perfect - but for some reason it takes at least 5 attempts to get it right? I started this card on Wednesday - now it is Sunday and I am finally happy with it I think. I didn't even bother to photograph two of the attempts they were just rubbish (and this is where they ended up after rescuing what cardstock I could). I wish now I had taken photo's then you could see my rather embarrassing efforts.

Here is my third attempt (the first one I photographed).

Too pink and not enough contrast.

Here is my second attempt.


Better - but still not completely happy.

Here is my last go.




Much happer with this one. I prefer the Pretty in Pink to the Creamy Caramel, and Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery make a nicer sky and grass to Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. I do like the use of the cloud from the SAB set Good Neighbors.

Below is a picture of how to get the eggs out of the sweet treat cup without ruining the card.

Pretty cool huh?

Here is a list of the punches that I used:
Large Oval for ears and feet.
Small Oval for the inside of the ears and feet.
1 3/8" for the outside of the head
1 1/4" for the inside of the head
1/2" Circle Punch for the Bunnies cheeks
1 3/4" Circle Punch to make the hole for the sweet treat cup.

Oh well off to try and finalise a few more things that I can update you with over the next couple of days.

'Til next time,

Juliette
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab card! Whens the class? Lol Kathryn X

Michelle Marchant said...

These are just so great, I really like what you've done here.Michelle

Liam said...

I love this card to bits. It looks so much better in real life. I had to case your idea. Mine doesn't look as fantastic as you. I had a few issues putting mine together as well. Love the idea. I think it will become very popular.

Liam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails