Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Marelle's Secret Santa card

Hi everyone,

Finally I have some time to post something. Last Friday we had a team Christmas Party and I had a fabulous time. This year we did a secret santa and Marelle had to draw our names - so naturally she knew who her secret santa was. It was suggested that each of us send our secret santa a card (I will post the one I got from my secret santa tomorrow - only beacuse I haven't taken a picture yet - slack I know!!!). To confuse Marelle many of us also sent her a card. It was funny because when she received the first two she thought that she had accidently given herself two secret santas. Anyway I think by the time the third and fourth ones arrived  I think she decided something was a bit fishy.

Here is my offering to Marelle. - An Easel Card






















This is my first attempt an easel card. I really wanted to do one for my 12 cards of Christmas but time ran out. Many of the easel cards I have seen are square. As Stampin' Up! don't have a square envelope I thought I would try and make one that would fit into our standard size envelopes. The main thing you have to remember about easel cards is that the base has to be twice as long as the front so that it will lie flat in the envelope.
To get the base I have cut a piece of  A4 cardstock in half (in portrait orientation) to give me a piece of card that is 10.5cm X 29.6cm. I have then folded that in half to give me a standard sized card 10.5cm X 14.8cm. I have then folded one side at 7.4cm. My front piece of cardstock that attaches to the base is 10.5cm X 14.8cm.

Materials used (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Circle Circus, Baroque Motifs, Punches Three (Level 1 Hostess), Short and Sweet
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze
Card: Real Red, Baja Breeze
Other: Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write

That's it for now. Going to a Playgroup breakfast Christmas Party soon then going to finalise my designs for my class this week (I am really behind!!!), then watch the V8's race around Homebush on TV. What a lovely day!!!

'Til next time

Juliette

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love you easel card. I came to your blog by your lovely comment on my blog about the side step card. thanks for your comment. It makes it all worth while. Now I have found a lovely new blog to get some inspiration from. have a wonderful Christmas. Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails